Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Power of Confession!

Over the past hour the leaders and I were able to have some one-on-one time with the students.  They shared some things that they need to "run away" from.   

I want to remind them while they read this after camp that not only can they repent and run towards Jesus Christ, but that he died for people just like us.  The perfect sacrifice.   

So many of the kids felt shame and regret tonight and it kills me that they didn't release it earlier.  So many are also beginning to see another option or path they can take in their life.  

Parents.  Listen up.  Talk to your kids.  When they say everything is okay, say great but ask again.  Not only can they hide something but they can let it fester.  

This week allows students and adults to understand the love if their God.   This week also paints me a picture of what heaven will be like.   

"Take my life and let it be, 
All for You and for Your Glory"

Signed a sin-filled youth director surrounded by the love of God and your children.  I am lucky to have ever met any of these kids.  Truly a reflection of Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment